Saturday, April 23, 2011

Needle felting Illustrations

I'm almost finished the book illustrations. Oh, yes I'd forgotten to tell you about that. I've been asked to make the pictures for a childrens' story book and I'm almost finished. I've got three more to do out of eighteen. I have to speak with the author about the last few pages because with needle felting I've found that I cannot do a lot of detail work like I do with my art dolls. I've enjoyed struggling with this. That may sound weird to you but it is exciting to have a new challenge and then to work out the ideas and make the creations from those ideas. It gets a bit tiresome though when I wake up at three or four in the morning and can't go back to sleep for "figuring out".
Of course that is the way it has been in trying to put this blog together too. Like I said before, I'm technically challenged. I even had to have my daughter help me with the cell phone when I first got it. So I'm off now to do another page of needle felting and then try to figure out how to write on the other page.

No comments:

Post a Comment