Monday, January 16, 2012

Cleaning

In case you thought I fell off the face of the earth - nope, just cleaning.
The big ole pine tree that was outside my bedroom window was cut down this past fall and since then I've had lights shining in and people looking in so I decided that I needed curtains. I am not a curtain person. I like the trees and the squirrels and the birds and I like to be able to look out the window and see them. Since I am on the ground floor I had furniture blocking the lower half of the windows so no one could look directly in. But with the tree gone - and it used to block a lot - I had to do something. I moved bookshelves and dressers and computer tables and other pieces of furniture for the past week but I didn't stop there. While I was doing that I sent books to the Salvation Army store, I got rid of tons of paper - more paper from the past career as counsellor and from university. So that sent me into the storage room to get a box or two and I found more boxes of books that went to the library and cd's that will have to be sorted and gotten rid of - well you get the picture. I may be like the bear that comes out of the cave in spring and maybe I will have something to show you. 

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what had happened to you! :) So glad to hear it was all good organizing stuff. Getting rid of paper sounds fantastic--so many little squirrel nests of paper around here.

    We had a few trees taken down a little while ago. It turned out one of them had been perfectly blocking a view of an historic tower in our town.

    ReplyDelete