Saturday, April 16, 2011

Picture


Okay, now I'm going to try and add a picture of my book cover. The title of the book is Shaking the Rattle  Healing the Trauma of Colonization and was originally published by Theytus Books Ltd. Penticton, BC in 1996. It went out of print by them and was then sent to POD. Since then it is distributed by goodminds.com out of Brantford, Ontario Canada. I painted the picture while I was at the En'owkin Centre in British Columbia. I was in school there for Creative Writing and Fine Arts. It is portrait that we were instructed to paint. I had no idea what I was doing (kind of like all the art that I do) but I liked it and so did others. I originally went to school for writing so that they would publish this book. I managed to make all the changes and edits and learned to write poetry. A wonderful book that is still used in colleges and universities - when they can find it. Amazon has one or two for sale at exorbitant used prices thinking that it is out of print - it is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment