Tuesday, February 14, 2012

No Excuse

Nope, there is no excuse for me not posting. I've not been feeling well for a few days. Just a cold. And please don't say "again?". I have a person in my life who says to me "you sound stuffed up again." And I want to say something like "You sound too judgmental" to her but I'll remain calm and just accept that I maybe shouldn't call her if I sound "not right".  

I'm being cranky. There are so many things I want to do but until I feel like doing them a little more I'll just go and lie down on the couch and wait till more than inspiration grabs me.

We've had snow again and it's beautiful from inside here wrapped in a couple of blankets. I've been near the door but not out the door. I haven't taken pictures - either too busy driving
or just being in the apartment working.
 
This is the snow we had at the end of January as seen from inside my living room one night. Street lights glowing outside and the snow piled on the trees and lawn - beautiful. When I lived in the country I would go out in the night and just walk in the snow especially if the flakes falling were really big or if it was a heavy snowfall. It is like being wrapped in a big fluffy blanket. One of my favourite children's story is Wind in the Willows and I imagine the little critters all snug under the snow in their warm little homes.


This next picture is is taken outside the next day. I don't know if it is morning or late afternoon and I can't tell by the light. I'm thinking it is late afternoon. I can't figure out the camera as you can see. The first one is taken with the old camera from inside and this one is taken from outside with the new camera. I just don't practice enough. I guess I'll have to look to my daughter-in-law for lessons.

For some reason I prefer the snow in the evening and I like driving in snow - not in the city but in the country. Some of my fondest memories are driving down country roads in what some people would call blizzards. I see it as being wrapped in a cocoon inside that car and then the warm white blanket of snow outside us. Of course there was the slide into the ditch once in a while but not too often. Guess other people had more sense back then and I didn't meet too many fast driving people. Slow and easy and carefully drive down the road. Not today in the city. It is best to stay home till the sun melts the snow and the plows go through a few times.

Okay, back to the couch. Have a good one -

1 comment:

  1. Ack--I'm sorry to hear you've been under the weather! It seems a particularly horrible winter for illnesses. (Certainly has been for us, as you know, and I've been quite cranky, too!)

    I'm terrified to drive in snow (even a little powder on the road makes me nervous), but I'm right there with you about Wind In The Willows. I loved every book with creatures making little human habitats in stumps or underground, and yes, the idea of being snug inside one of those little homes, with cheery patchwork quilts and charming twig furniture... wonderful indeed.

    Wishing you a very speedy and cozy recovery!

    ReplyDelete