Thursday, September 13, 2012

Vacation

I've been on vacation - in my mind. I'm sorry I haven't posted in over a month. I bet all those many millions that were following me got tired and went home. Oh well.

I took a trip a few weeks ago to Cleveland Ohio. Then last weekend I went to visit friends outside of Ottawa, Ontario and this weekend I'm taking a vacation to another part of Ontario with my sister and her daughter to shop. I don't know for what but I will have fun looking.

My friend Deb is on a trip to Scotland - the country, not the town in Canada. The next vacation I am going to take is with Deb and the Embroiderers group and it will be to Italy or Spain.

In October my sister Shirley is going to Rome with her church group and a lot of others to see the Canonization of Kateri Tekakwitha. Today my mom and four siblings have gone to Iowa to see my niece as she takes her final vows to become a Nun. I'm truly impressed with my niece - a young lady who actually knows what she wants and is sticking to her plans. I guess that is amazing to me because I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I'm working on it though.

I have a memory of sitting at the top of the stairs writing stories when I was ten or eleven. I also have a memory of sitting at the bottom of the same set of stairs with my mom's sewing basking making "stuff" teaching myself to sew. I believe I am on to something here and although I won't write a pattern I can write stories and although I won't sew clothes for myself or family, I can make dolls and wall hangings. I prefer to write by hand - then type in stories and I also prefer to sew by hand - hence small stuff.

So, off to work on a doll before I do more writing and I guess later I'll be taking a vacation again - in my mind.



1 comment:

  1. It can be wonderfully restorative to get away for a while! Hope it has been so for you. Enjoy the work on your doll... hope you'll post photos for us. :)

    ReplyDelete